Menu

How would I find this information?

I went to an ob-gyn in the summer of 2006. She did a number of tests (fertility related but also mammogram and ultrasound because of 'lumps').

A few months later, this doctor quit practicing (or quit practicing in that location). They sent a letter at the time saying how to get medical records. Of course, I don't have that letter now.

I have a doc appt next Thursday and would like to bring those records (as they were the last time I saw an ob-gyn and the other medical records I have are 14 years old).

Any idea how I would find out who this doctor was and how to get my medical records? If not possible within the week, I'd at least like to be able to give them to the new doc later.

Thanks,

Did you have any insurance at the time? If you did, you could find out through them who the Dr. was that you saw. Even if you don't use this insurance carrier anymore, they have your info in their computer and could reference you by your social security number. Since you have a pretty good idea of the month/year they could reference the name of doctor. Also, if you could remember the name of the mammorgram clinic, you could ask them to search their records and then you would see what dr. they sent your results to. Then you could google the Dr.s name to see where he/she is practicing now and take it from there. Hopefully someone else will have some better suggestions, but that is all I could think of.