Menu

SOTW or Diana Waring CDs?

Aloha2U

I have to admit we only have volumes 3 and 4 of SOTW audio. It sounds like the reader is reading the book with just a little expression. My dd loves to listen to cd's so it is a great way for her to repeat some history.

Diana Waring's tapes sound like she is telling a story, like she is in your living room or has a crowd around her and she is so excited about the story she is telling you. My kids like to listen to cd's before going to sleep so that is why I bought these. My son thinks she talks too fast so it wasn't as relaxing to fall asleep to!

I never tried these history tapes with a 4 year old (or is your son 4th grade?). My kids were probably 8 when we first listened to them.

I have both as well and I can't imagne a 4 yr old being able to follow DW. I played both in the car this fall and my 5yr old loved STOW, but everytime DW said, "Isn't that exciting?" She would mutter, "I don't think it is excting at all." :) I can tell you that the older ones ( 10 and 12) liked DW better.

HTH