Menu

Poll: How much do you spend *per person* on groceries monthly?

~$125/month per person - including cleaning supplies, "paper" goods (yes, those too), and toiletries, and not including an annual $400-$600 for beef. I use GG, and get a moderate (not excessive) amount of "junk". Almost no soda, but does include beer. :D

Living in Mexico in a very touristy area (so prices are the highest in the nation), we spend the same as we did back in the SF Bay Area. $600 a month for food and $50 a month for household items (paper product, shampoo, vitamins, etc.). We're 6 people, so depending on how you qualify food, either $100/person or $108/person.

We spend $86/person. We buy pretty much NO convenience foods; only branfrut bars, which my hubby eats as a snack between work and school. I sure wish there were coupons here!

I don't know if you have Soriana in BCN, but they offer a tarjeta de puntos and as you purchase items points build up on your card. You can use the points to buy stuff (today they had all fruits and veggies for 100 puntos). They also offer a higher dollar/peso exchange rate than the banks and casa de cambios - but only for food purchases. Today was 13.40 in the casas de cambio, 13.75 in the banks and 13.95 at Soriana.