Menu

Ways to help DH and in laws through impending death of their Mom

So my MIL has lung, bone and liver cancer. Its all pretty advanced so we are talking weeks of life- not months as I had hoped.

I'm trying to be a support to all of them- I'm obviously upset also- but its their Mom.

She's the one in the Family that helps everyone- now the roles are reversed and its at the very least unsettling.

I'd welcome practical advise, books for them, for her, for my kids.

So far I've made sure none of them are worrying about practical things and I've had plenty of food ready at all hours when they get back from the hospital. She'll go home this week and I've been talking to the hospice people. I'm going over later to clean her house (she mentioned how embarrassed she'd be if anyone saw it. (Its really fine- just dusty)

Any other thoughts?

:grouphug: during this wrenching time.

Try to bring in beauty along with the practical? Touches of love here and there: Photo albums of family to look at with your mil - stoking memories and helping solidify some good times, a candle burning, some plants around.... Just some ideas that could prove meaningful yet hard to see through current clouds of pain. :grouphug:

Cheryl