Menu

My 3 biggest dc are sitting behind me, reading

stories to ea other & themselves, alternately. 2hrs past bed time. Because I'm sick & it's easier to just let them be.

And because dh who was supposed to be home 5 hrs ago broke down, had to wait for his mom to get him, get a new battery, jumpstart the car, & then got called on another job which will pay just enough to cover the cost of the battery. :glare:

D'ya think I should put them to bed? Every time I look over there, my heart just melts at their sweetness as they slow down, eyelids heavy, chunky folds cuddly, but still declaring loudly (when asked) that they're not tired. ;)

I think you should all get into the big bed together, dim the lights and snuggle. DH can move them to their own beds when he gets home. At least, that's how it would go here :D But then, mine are pretty cheerful even when they're tired, so I don't sweat late bedtimes much.

I just let DD6 stay up until 10:45 doing a math lesson and then playing Blokus. Then we got into her bed, she read her book and I read mine. She went to sleep at about 11:10. It's about the only time we get together when DD3 isn't there to suck up all the attention :lol: