Menu

The Ancient Greek World / The Ancient Roman World ...

Luanne

Any opinions on these (anyone even read them)?

What else would be good to use for Ancient Greek history and Ancient Roman history? I prefer around 5th or 6th grade level (at least to start with).

Thanks,

Luanne

If you are looking for a spine (a main history text) for 5th or 6th, I would highly recommend H.A. Geurber's Story of the Greeks and Story of the Romans. You can purchase them through Nothing New Books or Christianbook.com They are also available for free to download at www.mainlesson.com . YOu can preview it there and see if you like it.

If those other books you mentioned are the ones in the Veritas Press catalog, I think they are more supplementary books than main texts.

If you are looking for a spine (a main history text) for 5th or 6th, I would highly recommend H.A. Geurber's Story of the Greeks and Story of the Romans. You can purchase them through Nothing New Books or Christianbook.com They are also available for free to download at www.mainlesson.com . YOu can preview it there and see if you like it.

If those other books you mentioned are the ones in the Veritas Press catalog, I think they are more supplementary books than main texts.

I 2nd the Guerber books. (Is the down load the exact same text as the books? I thought I remembered that someone once said they were different...but I'm not sure.) I own the books and we love them! In the back there are suggestions for additional fiction and non-fiction books to read for each chapter too.

Can you give the publication information (author, publisher)? I'm not sure which books these are.

The authors of the Ancient Roman World are Ronald Mellor and Marni McGee and they are published by Oxford University Press. The authors of the Ancient Greek World are Jennifer Roberts and Tracy Barrett.

Maybe I can use these in conjuction with something else? I find the books very interesting and easy enough for even me to read.