Menu

For the Teaching textbook lovers looking for lower grades

nukeswife

A friend of mine just got off the phone with TT and they said that TT4 should be out in March and that TT 3 will be out in fall. They also plan on doing levels K-2 as well.

I was really excited to hear this. TT has been so great for my oldest and as much as I love the new CLE I'm using for my middle child I can't wait until they have a level she can use. I also have a Little guy coming up the ranks so I was worried about having enough time in the day to teach them all when he's in his K-2nd years where he'll be learning to read etc.

Okay... since you've used both... how does TT compare to CLE? I know CLE runs slightly ahead academically. I had heard that TT runs about a year behind. Is this true? What do you like about it?

We use CLE here and I love it, but my DD really enjoys working some on the computer so I've considered it in the past just for enjoyments sake.

Okay... since you've used both... how does TT compare to CLE? I know CLE runs slightly ahead academically. I had heard that TT runs about a year behind. Is this true? What do you like about it?

We use CLE here and I love it, but my DD really enjoys working some on the computer so I've considered it in the past just for enjoyments sake.

We use CLE also and use the computer for multiplication games and fact training. This gives us a nice balance. I have not used TT below Algebra 1.

Jennie

It's hard to say what I like better because we're only 1 LU into CLE, My dd sure enjoys it but would love something like her big brother. Now my oldest is using TT5 and is in 4th grade, but that's because when he took the placement he only missed placing into TT5 by one question and TT4 wasn't available yet. He's been doing fine and I think it will all balance out in the end. I don't think he'll have any trouble on his standardized test or be behind or anything, but then again I'm one who thinks kids aren't really behind or ahead, that they are just where "they" should be regardless of the norm. Lots of help right? Sorry. I will say that TT is very enjoyable and he's doing really well with it, but it is making him think so it's not like he's blowing right through it or anything.