Menu

Well, another 'I'm going to do _____ when I have kids' goal out the window, LOL!

I'm famous for all the things I *planned* to do as a parent. I had all the answers to all the world's parenting issues (before I had kids, of course).

I always thought I would pre-read the books my kids read, or at least read along with them. I thought it would be high school or so before that took up too much of my time.

My 7 yo read 20 chapter books in the past month. How many did I pre-read? :lol: Yeah, maybe I can pre-read the books I hand over to the 2 yo.

I'm famous for all the things I *planned* to do as a parent. I had all the answers to all the world's parenting issues (before I had kids, of course).

I always thought I would pre-read the books my kids read, or at least read along with them. I thought it would be high school or so before that took up too much of my time.

My 7 yo read 20 chapter books in the past month. How many did I pre-read? :lol: Yeah, maybe I can pre-read the books I hand over to the 2 yo.

I really tried with my oldest, but dd was just too fast and devoted a lot of time to reading. I had to face up to reality and go with the flow! This comes with the territory when you have a very early and avid reader. With my youngest, on the other hand, I, his older sister or daddy does! I don't anticipate that changing any time soon.

I still do if I don't know the author. But, it's becoming rather arduous. :glare: We returned about 6 books to libs once without anyone reading them b/c I hadn't had a chance to read them and I just wasn't sure. Of course I can't point to one specific thing that would stop me from letting dd read a book. (Obvious stuff excepting) Sometimes it's just a way the book makes me feel. So much for being able to give an account.:001_smile: