Menu

I'm back from vacation and now I can't find the exercise threads!

Well, cheryl is in Disney so she stopped creating threads and I reinjured my calf muscle so I took about a week off and I think people got lazy and stopped creating threads.

Go ahead and start one - I remember there was a thread earlier this week...

Hey, how was your cruise? Sorry about the frigid weather - we are all suffering terribly from it - we've already had one death in our state from the weather. Last night was the coldest I think it has been this year and at 8am I am still huddled under a sleeping bag. Temp says 61F/16C outside. Same inside. Brrrr....

I'm going for an exercise walk this morning - I'll be off running for a while. Not sure if I have compartmental syndrome or just torn muscles.

Way to go, Jennifer! Your cruise sounded wonderful.

Maybe we should make this our exercise thread.

Today was my first day back after a week long break. I did upper body weight training and light cardio:

Eliptical - 30 min

caloried burned 250, 2.4 miles with 141 average heart rate.

Welcome back!

Oh - okay! I thought maybe they'd been moved. Good to know. I'll start one a little later after I exercise today (it will be this afternoon - we have a funeral to attend this morning)

Sorry to hear about your injury. Take it easy so it has time to heal!

Vacation was great! Cruises really are the way to go for us!

I waved to you from Cozumel! Did you see me? It was pretty chilly compared to the other places we went. But, it was still around 70 the day we were there. But, it was cloudy and windy so it felt colder. I did a dolphin swim there at Chankanaab (LOVED that place!). The water temp felt GREAT compared to the air that day.

My sis and her dh did Xcaret that day. Have you been there? They loved it.

Way to go, Jennifer! Your cruise sounded wonderful.

Maybe we should make this our exercise thread.

Today was my first day back after a week long break. I did upper body weight training and light cardio:

Eliptical - 30 min

caloried burned 250, 2.4 miles with 141 average heart rate.

Welcome back!

Great workout! I did the eliptical a couple times at the hotels and liked the change of pace.

I worked out at every hotel we stayed at. I ran on the ship twice and did a 5K on one of the islands. I also had some metabolic testing done and found that I need to eat more than I am now. The guy told me that I have a LOT of muscle and that my body is hanging on to the fat because I'm not eating enough. I guess there's something to it because I ate a LOT on the cruise, but stayed the same. He said with my activity level, I should be eating 2400 calories a day. Cool!!!

Oh - okay! I thought maybe they'd been moved. Good to know. I'll start one a little later after I exercise today (it will be this afternoon - we have a funeral to attend this morning)

Sorry to hear about your injury. Take it easy so it has time to heal!

Vacation was great! Cruises really are the way to go for us!

I waved to you from Cozumel! Did you see me? It was pretty chilly compared to the other places we went. But, it was still around 70 the day we were there. But, it was cloudy and windy so it felt colder. I did a dolphin swim there at Chankanaab (LOVED that place!). The water temp felt GREAT compared to the air that day.

My sis and her dh did Xcaret that day. Have you been there? They loved it.

I DID see you waving!!! Did you see me wave back? :)

We are just a tiny bit down the road from Xcaret - about 7km or so. We've never been because it is so expensive (even though we could get a 50% local discount, it is STILL uber expensive with 4 kids) and we have local snorkeling spots that are much nicer. We can swim to the reef daily, but the water is much too cold this time of year to swim. I can't believe you went in the water! It is so cold now (but we're used to summer weather). Just a week or so ago it was 96F/36C for a good week so we're really suffering with Norte no. 29.

Welcome home and eat up! :)