Menu

Would supplementing SOTW with Veritas Press Cards be overkill?

angela&4boys

We use both. I use the cards for a visual timeline and for memory. And do use some of the reading recommendations (Victor Journey through the Bible for OT for example) and we also enjoy using SOTW--mostly the CDs and Activity guide.

http://www.redshift.com/~bonajo/SOTWmenu.htm

There are a couple of combining plans here at Paula's Archives. One focusing on SOTW and one on VP. :) That's for Ancients. I've not used later sets, but I think using VP, particularly for the Reformation would be a nice way to fill out that part of SOTW.

I don't hang them up. I laminated them and keep them upright in a small rubbermaid "shoebox." We add 8 a week and go through the set. We are on our 3rd "round" of the entire thing (160 cards) and I believe it is well worth the investment in time. We are able to place so much that we were unsure of before.

We frequently read the backs of the cards, study the picture, reference something in Kingfisher, pull out the atlas.

Do you hang the VP cards up as a timeline? I recall someone here doing that.

Also, does anyone use the memory CD?

We listen to the CD, I don't know if we'll get it memorized word for word.

I don't hang mine up, but I have them in a 5x8 binder with plastic sleeves. I found the binder and sleeves at Staples. It keeps them in a handy place and I just flip through when we review. :)