Jump to content


Do I need to amend our tax return?

Recommended Posts

I received a corrected W-2 but the change doesn't affect taxes paid or refund due. Do I still need to amend our tax return to reflect the new W-2?


The employer mis-reported the amount of money put into a health savings account and issued a corrected W-2 with the correct amount a few weeks after I submitted our taxes based on the original W-2. However, since the HSA was funded before taxes, it doesn't affect the gross earnings, taxes paid, or tax due/refund.


I guess my alternative is just to wait and see if the IRS ever contacts me. :eek:



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...