Menu

Question about PH Science Explorer series

JaniceO

I ordered a used edition of the PH Science Explorer Earth Science from Amazon. The ISBN matches the 2005 Edition in the catalog. I also want to get the Teacher's Edition and the Guided Reading and Study Workbook. I'm thinking it might be easier to order those from the company, but I can't find the Guided Reading and Study Workbook for that edition by itself (in the back of the catalog it's only offered as a set with the student text). Can I use a different edition? Will they match up? Also, will the company sell me just the these 2 products, without purchasing the student text? Thanks.

You can use a different edition. I had a standard text and the California Study Workbook. The order of the chapters (and sometimes the sections within the chapters) was slightly different. Occasionally, there was a concept in the workbook that wasn't in our text; and vice-versa. But, I bought them both used (either ebay or amazon), and the Workbook was only $5.00 or so total, so I didn't mind the occasional inconvenience.

What *was* helpful was having the Answer Key to the workbook. I lucked out and found a "parent's" edition on ebay. It was $20 or so, but definitely worth it!

You can buy the earlier editions from PH. Here is the link. You have to choose 2005, then the book, then there are 4 pages of titles to buy to go through. The TM is $32. and the workbook is $3.

Their website is difficult to navigate, but I have found that their customer service is great. I call the 800 number and they help me navigate.

Thanks for the replies. It's good to know I can use an earlier edition of the workbook.

Sue, I can't find the Earth Science title under 2005. I didn't get the individual books, I bought the combined Earth Science. I was trying to find it under 2005, but couldn't. I guess I'll call them and ask for help. They were nice when I called and requested a catalog (and had to have it shipped to my mom).

Thanks!