Menu

Knitters -- Anyone a whiz at finding matching yarn colors?

I’m trying to make a baby blanked for my sister in law’s new baby. She is still decorating the nursery… but has a rug chosen. It isn’t “traditional†baby colors, and I’m having a hard time finding nice baby yarn to match. Closer is better – my sister in law’s house is pretty precisely decorated, if you know what I mean.

Here’s a link to a picture of the rug:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk303/pastrkay/Babyrug.jpg

The pattern I want to use calls for six colors–looking at the rug I think I want to match yarn to the red, the blue, the cream, the beige, the grey and the rose.

The closest color choices I can find are in Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk DK, -- using the colors #52 (red), #55 (blue)???, 03 (vanilla), 06 (pebble), 13 (ebony) and 107 (plum) -- but the blue is way off.

http://www.yarn.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/categoryID/E2AB2957-FA64-4734-9962-53AA2A644DBD/productID/FBDD25FF-DBFF-4E46-8A82-A255746B2220/

Anyone with wider knitting experience have any ideas about a high-quality yarn that would fit the bill?

One "off" color with five matches is pretty good, actually!

Some other yarn suggestions to track down:

Rowan Wool Cotton

Debbie Bliss Wool Cotton

Dale of Norway Baby Ull

These are all excellent yarns that have a wide color palette--the first one, in particular, is soft enough to use for underwear. I haven't looked through the colors to find if they're exactly what you need, but they seem like they have a good range of possibles.

"Precisely decorated"---heh heh heh. What my poor children suffer through, having an imprecisely decorated room. :D