Menu

WWYD? Dd is working on a lapbook for the American Revolution...

LunaLee

and she does not like doing it at all. We are about halfway done with it, but she really is not into it and we've been working on it for about 4 weeks. She's 13 and this is the first one we've tried and will probably not be something we will do again. It's just not her thing.

Should I just have her scrap it and do something else? The lapbook was just a way for her to do a final project, not the only means for her to learn. I just hate to not finish something, but there are other things we could be doing with our time.

Arrghhh...

Maybe take some of the lapbook projects she has already created and glue them to a science board. Then whatever space is left she could write her own reports/narrations, make a timeline, research other area's etc...

I personally do not like most lapbooks because a lot of the time they take all the fun creativity out of it. Maybe if she made her own project board, she would regain an interest in it and get creative with it.

Just a thought.

Michelle

I'm contemplating telling him he can scrap it. I KNEW he wouldn't be into it; it was more for dd11 and ds8 who are my crafty, cut and paste sort of kids. My problem...what to have him do instead! Lapbooks are just ONE way to document what they've learned. Does she have any ideas of her own for another project? Does she enjoy notebooking instead? History Scribe downloads are all 50% off this month at their website.