Menu

Remember the thread this summer about upcoming 2nd graders who weren't reading yet?

Anyone want to post an update?

My 2nd grader has dyslexia and still isn't reading. She still has a severe lack of phonological awareness, so after the holidays we're going to start the Lindamood Bell LiPS program. Besides dyslexia, she has auditory processing disorder, sensory processing disorder, ADHD-combined type, and a working memory deficit. The EdPsych who evaluated her thinks she should still be in speech therapy, too, and suggested we consult a different speech therapist. It's been a rough couple of months.

My 2nd grader has dyslexia as well. He has made amazing progress these last few months but he is still not reading at the level that he should be. We started Bartons in Oct. We are still at the level where he can read fine so it is still too early to know whether this program is working. My ds is also in speech therapy. We went to see the pathologist a few weeks ago and she said that she was really pleased with his progress. The progress is slow going but at least we are not standing still. :001_smile:

My 2nd grader has dyslexia as well. He has made amazing progress these last few months but he is still not reading at the level that he should be. We started Bartons in Oct. We are still at the level where he can read fine so it is still too early to know whether this program is working. My ds is also in speech therapy. We went to see the pathologist a few weeks ago and she said that she was really pleased with his progress. The progress is slow going but at least we are not standing still. :001_smile:

We are planning to use Barton, but my dd can't pass the student screening test yet. I am hoping the LiPS program will get her there. My dd made so much progress between the time I scheduled the psych appt and the actual evaluation that I thought the psych might think I was just a mom who was expecting too much. That turned out not to be the case at all.

My oldest sister's youngest son is dyslexic, and dd7 is so much like him that I've suspected it since she was about 4. I so hoped it wasn't true, though.