Menu

Trial and Triumph

There is a book out there similar to "Trial and Triumph" by Richard Hannula. I'm wondering if anyone knows what I'm talking about? I could've sworn it was a sequel, but I can't seem to find it.

If not, any recommendations for books with short stories about Christians worthy of reading about? Thank you!

Hannula also wrote Radiant: Fifty Remarkable Women in Church History

And there's Hero Tales by Dave and Neta Jackson ( there are four volumes)

or I Heard Good News Today (Lehn)

ETA: just wanted to add that all of the above ^ books have a general Protestant bent; people of other faiths are mentioned positively as well, but the main thrust is Protestant believers.

Edited by Zoo Keeper
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, caffeineandbooks said:

Brandon and Mindy Withrow have a five volume "History Lives" series organised by era.  Peril and Peace is their early church volume.  Generally one chapter per person, although where the lives of famous Christians intersect they pop up in one another's chapters too (eg Ambrose and Augustine).  Protestant perspective.

Yes!! Peril and Peace was the book I was specifically looking for! I didn't realize it was a whole series before @ScoutTN had mentioned it too. You guys are awesome! Always pulling through, even with the random questions I have! Thank you!!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2024 at 6:24 AM, Zoo Keeper said:

Hannula also wrote Radiant: Fifty Remarkable Women in Church History

And there's Hero Tales by Dave and Neta Jackson ( there are four volumes)

or I Heard Good News Today (Lehn)

ETA: just wanted to add that all of the above ^ books have a general Protestant bent; people of other faiths are mentioned positively as well, but the main thrust is Protestant believers.

Thanks, I will try to read all of them.

• Like 1