Menu

Learn and Grow Preschool

LadyAberlin

I just wanted to post that I received it in the mail today! It is exactly what I wanted:) It has daily lessons and a weekly theme tied to the Alphabet. It has a lot of hands on activities. It covers all subjects in a active non workbook kind of way. Also each day has about 4 picture books suggests to read to go along with what is covered that day. There are 26 weeks of lessons. Thank you to whoever posted the link to this!! It doesn't contain any Bible except I saw once where a christian CD was recommended in a music activity(the other music activities were all secular in nature), but if you would like to add Bible they have a Bible curriculum to go with it. I didn't purchase it so I can't review that. The only thing that someone may have a problem with is that on week J they do jack o lanterns and harvest time, but it looks like most of the activities are harvest related and not Halloween. Another week is Valentine's but again It really isn't tied to Valentine's except that they use those conversation valentine candies and some empty chocolate boxes on some of the activities. The week is mainly about love. Anyway I thought for the mom's out there with preschoolers that want something fun, educational and not workbooky I thought I let you know about it.

http://www.homeschool-your-boys.com/learnandgrowpreschoolcurriculum.html

• 2 weeks later...

I've checked on it and it looks very similar to Little Hands to Heaven by Heart of Dakota (Christian). The only difference that I have found is that Little Hands teaches Bible with the addition of the suggested books and science isn't really included. LHTH is Charlotte Mason based so at that age, nature studies should be enough for science. I think I'm going to stick with Little Hands for the fall since it incorporates Bible and it's less expensive.

We just did our first day today. The items that it calls for this first week are Apples, ribbons posterboard, paper plates, paints, crayons, tape, shoelaces, pebbles or bells or some type of objects that you can make noise in a home made tambourine. Ribbons, string, contact paper, card stock. After looking though the weeks though I think that some of the items can be switched out for stuff we have at home. I spent about $40 on supplies this week, but that is because we were out of construction paper, crayons, paint contact paper card stock. Most of the basics we needed to replenish. It shouldn't continue to be that expensive. The kids really enjoyed the lesson today. I got it for me 2yr old son. But my 5 yr old enjoyed participating and on Mondays I babysit a 4yr old boy and his almost 2 yr old brother and they had fun too. I like the book choices. My library had most of the books, but I have access to two rather large library systems. The books would be easy enough to substitute out though with whatever you library has. This week the topic is Apples and so there are a lot of Apple books, next week will be bubbles. She also suggests shapes, colors and counting books as well. I don't know what the supplies will be next week, but I know Bubbles will be on the list. Oh this week they suggested doing a puzzle with your children and playing Candy Land.