Menu

Where to buy Memory book?

Mandarinmom

Where I can buy the Memory book besides Lulu? I can not find any samples, and since I am seeking for secular education only, I won't be able to use any religious materials unless they are not relevant and can be modified into secular. I would really love to find it possible to use. But if it won't be possible for me, I would like to be able to return it, since I am on a very poor budget. Can any of strictly secular homeschooling families recommend it? Thank you very much! Lena

Can any of strictly secular homeschooling families recommend it? Thank you very much! Lena

We're not strictly secular here, but not practicing a Judeo-Christian faith either. I can recommend the book if you are interested in having your children memorize as part of their education in Latin, Greek, geography, grammar and composition, U.S. history, literature, science or math. The religious content is in the religion section. The rest of the book is the epitome of usefulness for the secular family.

You can't purchase it anywhere besides lulu. Lulu is the publishing company. (for self-publishers)

You may want to choose to do as I am, which is to cut the binding off and put it in a notebook with page protectors, or use pouch lamination and laminate it. I'm not sure which I'll do. I can purchase the pouches pretty inexpensively through OregonLam.com or the page protectors that have the part at the top so that the pages don't fall out.

Carrie:-)

PS, we are a Christian family, but I have looked through that pages and it looks like many sections would still be good for your memory work. Of course, the Latin has "religious" sections in it, as well as the Greek. Those are the two that would have most of the religious contents, except for parts that naturally have God in them due to actual recorded events.

Of course, the Latin has "religious" sections in it, as well as the Greek. Those are the two that would have most of the religious contents, except for parts that naturally have God in them due to actual recorded events.

The Greek section has twelve non-Christian passages and thirteen Christian. The Latin section has thirty-five non-Christian selections and thirty Christian. The literature selection of course has some pieces by authors who discuss Christian themes (I counted only one direct reference to God when I breezed through it), but this is kind of unavoidable in literature of a certain period. There was much less Christianity there than I was expecting.