Menu

What could you use a projector for in a homeschool?

The nice people on dh's job are always sending me anything they think I could use for homeschooling. Someone sent me a projector purchased at a corporation's surplus sale.

I'm not sure what I could do with it, if anything. It's in perfect condition and I hate to waste it. I just don't know what you'd use it for outside of a school or busineess. Any ideas?

lp540_1%20jpg.ashx

http://www.amazon.com/InFocus-LP540-Multimedia-Projector-Lumens/dp/B00016W02Y

Edited by Blessedfamily

playing shadow games when you study light, tracing shadows, tracing line art onto walls to make a mural, letting the kids (in older grades) create a presentation... oh and for really cool sleepovers, using it to make a movie theatre. Just some thoughts off the top of my head.

Edited by specialmama

playing shadow games when you study light, tracing shadows, tracing line art onto walls to make a mural, letting the kids (in older grades) create a presentation... oh and for really cool sleepovers, using it to make a movie theatre. Just some thoughts off the top of my head.

My husband I and were just talking about how it'd be great to do a map and "project" it on the wall at our homeschool group (and at home!), so if I were you...that's one of the ways I would use it...you can use a decent white sheet for the wall:-)

Carrie:-)

:hurray: I almost didn't post this thread because I couldn't think of a thing. When dh brought it home he said you can hook it into your laptop and it will show the screen on the wall. If I can do that, I would love to do the mapping and tracing.

Thanks!

If you can't use it personally, perhaps you could donate or lend it to a homeschool co-op.

We don't have a co-op. I have the strangest feeling that if I say I can't use it, dh will try to hook it into the dvd player and make himself a rumpus room. I've already caught him googling how to do it, and I heard him calling Radio Shack.:D

to our Wii, so we have life-sized PE class! It is suspended from the ceiling in the basement and the guys spent a week sanding and painting a basement wall to make the perfect screen. Planet Earth DVDs never looked so good! Just think of all the great IMAX films available from netflix, as well as historical flicks and movie versions of classic literature.

I don't think you have to go too far to justify it -- dh didn't, anyway!