Menu

Advanced section of Biochemistry - Genetics - Molecular Biology - X-post

Hi,

Someone I know has a friend who is going to teach the following class:  Advanced section of Biochemistry - Genetics - Molecular Biology.

Below is the description of the class:

There are a few open spots remaining in the advanced section of the Biochemistry - Genetics - Molecular Biology class taught by Dr. Ekaterina Panina.  This class is targeted toward students in 8 - 10th grade who have already taken a high school biology course or equivalent.

This class follows the freshman MIT biology course taught by Eric Lander.  Prof. Lander was one of the key scientists on the Human Genome Project, a founder of the Board Institute, and the Scientific Advisor to President Biden.  Before each class, students will watch one of Lander's lectures.  In class, we will discuss the lecture, cover additional material, and use what we learned to solve real-world problems.

This two-semester class will meet through Zoom 1:00-2:00 p.m. on Wednesdays.  The maximum class size is eight students.  The tuition is $25 per class.

About the teacher: Dr. Panina has extensive training in mathematics and biology, and she is passionate about teaching children.  She has a B.S./M.S. in Mathematics from Moscow State University in Russia and a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology from UCLA.  She has worked in biotech on novel targets for cancer therapeutics.  For the last five years, she has taught advanced biology and AOPS mathematics in homeschool groups and at Explora Math Circle.

Please contact Dr. Panina at pani_katya@yahoo.com for more information.

I don't get any benefit by you signing up.  Just wanted to spread the word.  I've heard good things about this teacher.