Menu

Online photo storage sites

ProudGrandma

I was able to mostly get rid of my duplicate photos, now I just need to organize them in such a way that they are easy to deal with when wanting to make photo books etc.  I have all of my photos right now in year folders, but there are folders within folders...and there is no real organization beyond that.  

What options do I have, the cheaper the better.  I don't need anything fancy....just organized.  I would love it if I could easily get my photos in chronological order no matter where they came from.   

Please help me!

Thanks. 

Forever.com sells a program to organize your photos. It is called Historian. It was first sold thru creative memories but when they folded , forever started selling it direct. I have used it for over 10 years. 
photos initially are stored by timeline, but if there is no date stamp they show up the date you put them in.

You can set up folders any way you want. There is also facial recognition, not always accurate but it’s somewhat useful .

1 hour ago, KatieJ said:

Forever.com sells a program to organize your photos. It is called Historian. It was first sold thru creative memories but when they folded , forever started selling it direct. I have used it for over 10 years. 
photos initially are stored by timeline, but if there is no date stamp they show up the date you put them in.

You can set up folders any way you want. There is also facial recognition, not always accurate but it’s somewhat useful .

how much does it cost?

13 minutes ago, Brittany1116 said:

Shutterfly is free provided you make a single purchase of any amount each year. 

I use shutterfly and I guess, you are right....I store my photos there....and they are organized....what might happen if I try to upload pictures I already have on Shutterfly, will there just be 2 in my photos, or will shutterfly just skip over them?   

1 hour ago, kfeusse said:

I use shutterfly and I guess, you are right....I store my photos there....and they are organized....what might happen if I try to upload pictures I already have on Shutterfly, will there just be 2 in my photos, or will shutterfly just skip over them?   

I have certainly tried to reupload the same photos from my phone and it did not duplicate. I don't know if you uploaded them to My Photos and to album titled 2023 or whatever, if there would be 2. I imagine there might be 2.