Menu

Looking for reviews: 7 Sisters Research Paper guides (or any other research paper helps!)

Has anyone used either of the research paper guides from 7 Sisters? Did you like them? Are they written to the student or to the parent? Do they do a good job on scaffolding and breaking down the steps for a student that has not written a research paper before? How long each day does it take?

Guides in question:
https://www.7sistershomeschool.com/product/apa-style-research-paper-a-introductory-writing-guide/
https://www.7sistershomeschool.com/product/research-paper-writing-guide/

If you haven't used 7 Sisters, have you used something else for research papers that you loved?

(edited to fix links)

Edited by silver

I have used both. We are currently almost done with the MLA one (did APA last year). The APA one was great. Written to the student, definately step by do-able step. The MLA one is also great. The MLA one isn't written for daily work. It gives you info and a task, and each chapter is a different part of the process. There is a couple of suggested timeframes at the front, So, I've had to give a timeframe of how long to work each day rather than what to complete in the guide  each day. 

They are both good. And teach well how to write the paper without doing all sorts of supurfulous exercises. It's short, sweet and to the point while being thorough and explained well.

I learned the difference between MLA and APA myself for the first time.

Hope this helps, let me know if other questions arise.

Edited by alisha
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1