Menu

8th grade Science - Looking for video lessons similar to BJU Press, but secular

Dianna_

I love that BJU Press has Science textbooks and workbooks that go along with online video lessons. They demonstrate labs in the videos. There are also tests and quizzes. Is there something similar available for 8th grade that is secular?

I am looking for an Old Earth viewpoint. So it doesn't necessarily have to be secular.

I have never looked at BJU, so I don't know if this compares at all, but my 7th grader is really enjoying Science Mom biology this year. She is putting out a middle school physics course next year. They are video lessons (they were live, now recorded) PDF worksheets that are filled out during the lesson, quizzes and semester exams. My daughter finds the lessons really fun and engaging and she is retaining a lot. I've been very pleased with it.

ETA: it's completely secular.

Edited by amiesmom

I'll second Science Mom. I didn't know about Physics. I'll have to see whether my oldest is more interested in doing that live or in Biology, which she's looking forward to. We did Earth Science and now we're doing chemistry with my 3rd and 5th graders. The third grader is basically just getting exposed to the ideas, but they both enjoy it and seem to be retaining enough to make it worth while.