Menu

Gloriavale 3-Part Series on Amazon

Ting Tang

I just watched the three-part series on Gloriavale in NZ.  It is basically a religious cult.  There is a new documentary that will hopefully be downloadable in the US soon.  It's fascinating, bizarre, and sad.  Of course, the community has committed all of the major cult offenses.  😞  I had never heard of this one.  

I had heard of it, and watched it. Unfortunately, the producer was Gloriavale friendly and determined to make them look better than they are. If you do some online research, you find out a LOT of horrors. Tone of sexual abuse, physical abuse, neglect, twelve old geezers at the top making all the marriage arrangements for all of the young people, numerous infant and child deaths from dubious "accidents", and lawsuits for committing wage fraud. There several couple who were featured in the documentary that have left the group now, and are fighting to get New Zealand to do something about what is essentially slave labor, child labor, etc. and abuse.

it is essentially a sex and fertility cult, much like the FLDS, with the higher ups making incredible money on the forced labor of their underlings, and of course the oppression of women and girls is a huge part of it. Given what I have unearthed about the group, I call it human trafficking.

It is absolutely a cult. You don't need to shy away from calling it that. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1