Menu

Ottakee and others who encouraged me to go kayaking with Cousin A, I have started a training routine.

Faith-manor

Thanks to all of you for encouraging me to try to train for it, and make the trip. I have been waffling back and forth, and then last week I found these easy training exercises for building paddling endurance. They are from REI, and totally something doable in this space. I am trying to NOT overdue it and make myself really sore. It is easy to push too hard because I feel apprehensive about getting in shape with only 5-6 months until we will go.

https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/how-to-train-for-kayaking.html

Edited by Faith-manor
Autocorrect is terrible
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Faith-manor changed the title to Ottakee and others who encouraged me to go kayaking with Cousin A, I have started a training routine.
14 minutes ago, regentrude said:

Must have missed your post.... what kind of kayaking trip are you going on that requires so much training?

Mark's cousin whom I have become  really close to and whose company I very much enjoy, invited me to come to Colorado in late May and do a bunch of kayaking. She is an advanced, well trained kayaker. I am an out of shape beginner who currently can only manage 2-3miles per day, and am sore doing that much. I was very much worried about slowing her down or the adventure being disappointing for her. Ottakee and several others encouraged me to accept her offer, and then do whatever I can now to get into better shape between now and then.

• Like 4