Menu

need suggestions for a small gift for a mom who has breast cancer

This lady is a fellow ballet mom where my dds take classes. Last year we chatted all through the year and we were supposed to get together with our dds over the summer, but I had a baby and just didn't feel like doing anything. The first day of classes back in August, I asked her how her summer was and she told me that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer! She is a trooper and doing really well. She is going through treatment now and has lost all her hair. I would like to get her some small Christmas present to let her know that I am thinking of her and praying for her, but I don't know what. It needs to be relatively inexpensive - like $5 or less. Any suggestions? I cannot volunteer to help her out in any way because I have no time, and they do have church/friends/family that help out. I just want to let her know that I care.

I would get her a willow tree angel. They have tons to choose from in the $10 price range (sorry, I doubled your range) and I think they are so simple and elegant and they speak volumes, IMO. You will see what I mean if you take a look at them.

For instance...the Angel of Healing:

26020_72_170.jpg

The Angel of Friendship

26011_72_170.jpg

The Angel of Hope

26040_72_170.jpg

You can see more options here.

Edited by Tree House Academy

Home-baked goodies are always welcome.

If you live someplace cold, a winter hat is nice, but you probably aren't going to find one for $5.

I can think of some toiletry things in that price range that I found useful: Biotene mouthwash, Trident gum with xylitol, lint roller to get the scratchy fuzz off my head. But those don't seem like the kind of gifts an acquaintance would give.

Sara, I'm so glad you are doing well!

I ended up getting her a mug, a box of hot cocoa, and some marshmallows and a gift bag to put it in.

I wish I had had that idea about the winter hat before! We went to a Scandinavian Christmas fair last weekend and someone was selling hats for $5!!!