Menu

Sphero not supporting littlebits kit I have-is there anything I can do?

alisha

So, a few years ago, I got my boys the Littlebits Star Wars Droid Robot Kit to supplement our science. It's basically, where you build the robot with electronics and then use an app on your phone to move it (well, actually, the buiding instructions are on the phone also). Basically, a STEM supplement.

However, in the past year or so, the compnay Sphero has bought them out, discontinued the product and do not support the app. Therefore, the $100 kit is basically useless. Super disappointed with them, especially since Sphero has an education push with other robots and stuff for STEM. Their products seem good, but their customer service basically said "too bad, so sad" that their warranty doesn't cover anything not bought through them. Oof. 

I'm pretty sure I can't do anything to make them care that my product is useless and money wasted. But does anyone have any ideas on how to salvage the components to be useful? Probably not, but thought I'd try...

Maybe you can, it looks like there are actual electronic parts that you connect. I'm not totally sure what actually comes with the kit and how much they built around the devices to make it user friendly. Also how comfortable you would be dabbling in all that.

If you downloaded the app previously, you can still use it without issue. The app was still saved under our purchased apps in the Apple store even though we had deleted it. 
there were also  some random work around a some people posted on various sites but we didn’t need to use them. We were disappointed too that they stopped all support- when I looked last year they were still selling them but there was no app anymore!

• Like 1