Menu

Upholstery/ carpet cleaning machine

Dianthus

I have light colored sofas which need to be cleaned from soil with no major stains and no pets. I would also like to have some carpeted stairs cleaned. I have gotten phone quotes and it's $150 per sofa and similar for the stairs. I'm wonder if I should try a machine. I wondered this about a year ago and bought a little Bissell which didn't work and I returned. Is there something better. If I'm paying at least $400 for professional cleaning, maybe it's better to buy a good machine? Or is the professional cleaning worth it? Any machine recommendations? It needs to be portable for stairs and upholstery. The rest of the house is hard floor.

That price is crazy! The last time we had it done we paid $250 for a carpet, sofa, two chairs and stairs. That was pre-pandemic by a month or two. The only machine I would buy is the Bissell professional model, but I would rent one before buying one as it's over $400. I believe you can get extra long hoses for stairs. None of the machines that look like vacuums work as well as the Bissell professional model. We used to rent the machine twice a year. It's cheap, they sell all the cleaners right there, and so many stores have it available around here.

1 hour ago, dsmith said:

That price is crazy! The last time we had it done we paid $250 for a carpet, sofa, two chairs and stairs. That was pre-pandemic by a month or two. The only machine I would buy is the Bissell professional model, but I would rent one before buying one as it's over $400. I believe you can get extra long hoses for stairs. None of the machines that look like vacuums work as well as the Bissell professional model. We used to rent the machine twice a year. It's cheap, they sell all the cleaners right there, and so many stores have it available around here.

Did that machine work well on upholstery? That is the biggest need for me is to do my sofas. Then the stairs. The big green looks like a beast. Can it fit on stairs or do you need to use the hand tool?

There is a package for $429 with all the cleaners. I don't think that's unreasonable since I'd be paying that much for the cleaning service and this would be something I could use again. But only if it really works well. It has excellent suction? The little Bissell I tried left my sofa very wet.