Menu

Mathematics (Sadlier)

judi

Newbie Question:

I am transitioning to Homeschooling.  My daughter finished 5th grade in public school where the advanced learners used Sadlier Math.  Can anyone tell me whether it’s comparable to any of the recommended Math programs for WTM, please.

I'm not sure.  It's hard to see any samples of it, but it does look like AbeBooks & Amazon have the math books if you wanted to continue.

One of my searches was to see if there was a comparison between Singapore and Sadlier.  I was not able to find one directly, but there are enough samples of Singapore out there that you might want to take a look and see for yourself.

It looks like Sadlier follows Common Core fairly closely, which means that you should be able to use any Common Core aligned program fairly easily. I would look at the placement tests and samples for several to see what you'd be comfortable teaching, then have her take the placement test of the one you thing would work best.

We are doing the opposite - going from homeschooling to Sadlier 7th grade in a private school. I have the 6th grade book and it looks similar in scope to most homeschool curricula except for Math U See and Teaching Textbooks. I think you'd be fine transitioning to any comprehensive program provided that you've done the new curriculum's placement test.