Menu

7 Sisters’ Guides

• 3 weeks later...

I used parts of the guide for The Hiding Place, and thought it looked a little... boring. There was a timeline of events (contains spoilers!), a place to keep track of the characters (this would've been super easy to have the student do themselves), some vocabulary to define, a very, very short intro to foreshadowing (the student had to look up a definition and write it down, plus it was referred to once or twice later on), and a few questions per chapter. At the end, there were a few links you could check out. On the plus side, it would be a super quick/easy/cheap way to just get the job done, if that's what you're looking for. I think it only cost me a couple of dollars on sale, so I really can't complain. I would have found it more valuable if there had been any real literary analysis/guidance, more background information about the world of the book, or some more interesting activities (mapwork, "who said it?" etc.).

• Like 2