Menu

acronym confusion

While searching past posts on curriculum for child with ADHD I came across a post in reference to a curriculum with the acronym "WWW" .  Does anyone know what it stands for? Its probably something simple but I cant figure it out.  I'm looking at all options. I have a hyper/compulsive child. Has not been diagnosed but I'm considering seeking a professional to help manage behaviors. I let him use his hands building. Short oral lessons. Narrations by telling back ,drawing what we've read, and his favorite acting it out. I am fine with all these until it leads to behaviors. I know a curriculum will not fix anything but I know there are different learning styles. Looking into what might work best for him. Thanks for the help. I copied the original post below. Its old so I didn't try commenting to it but maybe I should.

He's going into 5th grade. We have done a lot of oral learning, but some things just need to be written. I'm not able to do everying aloud with him, as I have two other children who need my time. He actually gets frustrated now with too much back and forth between us, because he wants to move on. FLL4 was too much hand holding this year, and we pretty much dropped it. Ironically, a workbook that is more to the point has done us well. Math is killing me right now...and I think I figured out why this afternoon. I think it's bc MUS moves into such advanced math skills by the end of the year. He CAN do the long division, but he hasn't the patience for it yet, it's pure torture. I'm really wondering if TT would be better in that respect. (MM and Singapore were disasters for how he learns, but he really likes MUS.) I think these late chapters are too much. We had the same issues with the end of Gamma, even though we did that at the beginning of this year. The layout of their pages are perfect for him though...not too busy, not an overwhelming amount of work on each page.

Oh, and WWW uses that same kind of method, one step each day, and seems to work well for him. ;)