Menu

Apologia Physical Science 3rd edition reviews

soccermum

I am interested to hear from moms that have used Apologia Physical science 3rd edition and 2nd edition.   I read Dr. Wile's review for the 3rd edition and it made me a bit leary.  Some of my older kids used the older general and physical sciences with less than glowing reviews, so I purchased the new 3rd edition of General science for my youngest with the plan on following up with the 3rd edition of the Physical science hoping they would be better. 

My son has done 3rd editions of both General and physical. He has found them excellent in content, layout, and ease of use. I’m very happy with them.

I would take anything Dr. Wile has to say about them with a huge jar of salt. Of course, he feels his versions were better- he wrote them.

• Like 1

I have read up on both Apologia and Berean Builders (not just for physical science) many times over the last few years and I chose to discount Wiles' opinion for the same reason. It would be impossible for him not to be biased. So I set out to research them both thoroughly without bias. From what I gather from those who have used both current editions: Apologia moves at a bit of a faster pace that works better for mathy kids and Berean Builders moves a bit slower for those who need/prefer more thorough explanations. Also, those who have used both programs have mentioned that the solutions are better in Berean Builders.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 1