Menu

Looking for meaningful and / or clever teacher appreciation gift

Lucy the Valiant

We have a couple of special teachers who have invested significantly in our kids over the last couple of years, and I'd like to do something "big-ish" to say thank you. I do NOT have very much money for this project, but I DO have time and creative / motivated / silly-but-grateful teens to help. I thought I would also seek ideas from the hive . . . 

1. Youth Chorus Director & Wife - maybe the kids (teens) put together a funny song-thank-you? (They could pull this off quite humorously at the spring concert, I think.) We will also do a group gift card (but that seems . . . boring / average). Other ideas? Funny musical skit presentation? 

2. Java Teacher - last year we gave her "java for the Java teacher" and she thought it was very clever & fun;  . . . repeat? Something different? 

You people have the best ideas.

For the chorus teachers, is it just your kids, or are other kids involved for potential gifting? It could be fun to draw a music staff on poster board and individual gift cards of smaller amounts could be placed on the staff with a musical note on the front. 

For the Java teacher, a handmade coffee cup sleeve with a gift cards? I’ve seen cute sewn, knitted and upcycled sweaters for coffee sleeves.

• Like 1