Menu

College COVID policies/plans Spring 2022

Dmmetler

In my large classes, about 20% of students are masking. These are science and engineering students.
In my smaller class of only biology majors, it's 100%. I like going into their class - and I dread the other ones.

In the class I am taking, the instructor was double-masked because of a health condition. Teaching for three hours with an N95 and a cloth mask must have been hellish.

Thanks, curators. Day 2 of the semester, we have 60 cases.

Edited by regentrude
  • Sad 7

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party for this thread but it seems ds's college has gone the extra, extra mile based on the previous responses posted here. Here's what that looked like. His college is on a 4-1-4 system, the 1 being January term. He was scheduled to fly back on the 3rd of January but in late December we received an email saying the college was moving things online for J-term for at least half the students. Athletes, students needing lab access, orchestra students and theater students were allowed to return. In addition those with 'extenuating circumstances' could fill out a form explaining their situation which would be reviewed and decided upon. Ds fell into the latter category and was approved to return but then we all came down with Covid a couple of days before his departure date so he did end up staying home.

For those at the college there was no choir, no clubs, no extra-curriculars, strict policies on how many students could gather in one place (I think it was 5) no visiting other residences, classes online whenever possible, no off-campus trips other than for medical and necessities, down-sized dining hours (no breakfast on weekends, only an hour for lunch and dinner) masking at all times except in dorm rooms, mandatory testing upon return and random testing over the course of the month. Even with all that in place entire athletic teams went down with Covid in addition to a lot of the students there.

However the numbers have dropped dramatically in the past 10 days and Spring semester is slated to begin in person. All students must take a rapid test no more than 24 hrs before their arrival at college, or a PCR test within the PCR time frame. Boosters are required, masking at all times and they will conduct two college-wide mandatory testings over the course of the month to see where they are with things. They use a code level, Orange, Yellow, Green with each color requiring different protocols wrt masking, social distancing, gathering etc. It was green all last semester and has been orange since the beginning of J-term. They'll keep it at orange for a couple of weeks until the testing tells them where they stand.

Edited by shukriyya
  • Like 2