Menu

I am thinking about canceling my Amazon Prime account....

ProudGrandma

2 hours ago, wilrunner said:

College students with a .edu email address used to be able to get their own prime at half off. I wish I had the option to add more address to my prime, kind of like what Netflix does. I'd love to include all of my adult children instead of only 1.

College students used to get 6 months free trial. I thought you can share with 4 more for the shipping portion.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GYLAACCNR8G3VVRM

“You can create an Amazon Household to share Prime benefits and a Family Library with another adult, up to four teens, and up to four children. ... To create an Amazon Household with a child, select Add a Child.”

8 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

College students used to get 6 months free trial. I thought you can share with 4 more for the shipping portion.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GYLAACCNR8G3VVRM

“You can create an Amazon Household to share Prime benefits and a Family Library with another adult, up to four teens, and up to four children. ... To create an Amazon Household with a child, select Add a Child.”

I appreciate the link. I'd looked into it before. You're only allowed to have one additional adult (or 4 teens or 4 children.) I'd love to share with my other 2 kids. They can log in using my password, but then I see all their purchases and they can see mine. It also skews which shows on prime are recommended for you. I have a daughter who is currently my other adult and I can't see anything she orders and she can't see anything I order. I wanted to remove her to add a different young adult, but I would have had to wait 6 months after removing her before adding the next adult. (Or something like that. I wanted to switch so a different young adult could use it for Christmas last year. It was cumbersome and the 6 months eliminated the new YA's ability to use it for Christmas.)

I get AZ Prime for one month only (at Christmastime) for shipping.
It reduces the stress of gift shopping, but doesn't tempt me the rest of the year.
We're rural, so AZ arrivals are sometimes a little late, but that is usually not an issue for me (not in a rush).

Edited by Beth S