Menu

LED light bulbs and power interruptions?

skimomma

I am wondering if my house is normal or what is going on?  We have several lamps with LED bulbs.  These are the plug in kind, not hardwired.  Some are touch-type lamps and others are remote control.  None have traditional switches or pull-chains.  Any time we lose power, which is often but brief, these light fixtures are all on when the power is restored even though they were off when we lost power.  This is also true of our stereo receiver.  We lost power for a minute or two in the middle of the night last night.  I got up for water some time after that to find the house lit up with all these lamps.  Anyone else?  

LED lamps?  or bulbs in a regular lamp?

I have a lot of LED bulbs, and I've never had that happen.  I think I have a couple LED fixtures (and a strand of LED running lights - which often get left on).   I've never experienced what you're describing.  We rarely have prolonged power outages, but have had the occasional power surge.  Some of the lights which were on prior to the surge, may have to be turned back on manually - but they've never turned turned on if they were off.