Menu

Which Dimensions after US edition 6A?

Janeway

Son wants to do Dimensions so I guess we will do that. Which one should he go in to? The placement tests only go through 5B. Also, when he finishes 8B, will he still need American Algebra or does he go on to a higher class? I was thinking I read that he could go on to Algebra 2 and maybe need some geometry topics.

Edited by Janeway

Hi @Janeway not sure if this will help, but this thread has some perspective on Dimensions:

Also, when I contacted Singapore (the publisher) last year, they said that completion of Dimensions 6-8 would cover all of a traditional Algebra 1 course and some basic geometry. But they recommended that the student go on to a formal geometry class. Hope that helps!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, WTM said:

Hi @Janeway not sure if this will help, but this thread has some perspective on Dimensions:

Also, when I contacted Singapore (the publisher) last year, they said that completion of Dimensions 6-8 would cover all of a traditional Algebra 1 course and some basic geometry. But they recommended that the student go on to a formal geometry class. Hope that helps!

I actually ended up emailing Jenny from SingaporeMath.com and she said that a student pretty much needs to stick with Dimensions or US edition for all of level 6 as they have different sequences. So if I wanted to switch to Dimensions before doing US edition 6B, I should start with Dimensions 6A, not because US edition is behind but rather because there are a couple topics in US 6B that are in DM 6A. However, most of DM 6A is review and stuff he has already covered so we would be best off to just do SM US edition 6B and then switch with DM 7A.