Menu

DESPERATELY in NEED of a good lotion

My whole body is dry...legs, arms, hands, face and lips.

My hands and fingers are extremely dry. Yesterday dc were in a parade and I was helping them dressing their animal, while dressing them my thumb just starting bleeding...he didn't do anything to me, I guess my thumb was cold and dry that it split and bled... for a LONG time!

I have been putting lotion and chapstick on, but its not helping!

I need a good lotion!

Any suggestions??

I get extremely dry skin in the winter time thanks to the low humidity and my low thyroid. What really helps is to apply a thick lotion right out of the shower. I pat myself dry where I won't be putting lotion and then start applying - wet skin and all. I'm using Vaseline Intensive Rescue lotion (I think that's the name of it) and it works beautifully. Aveeno Baby Lotion works well, too. I've tried creams and body butters, but they leave me feeling sticky and they don't seem to absorb as well. The "secret" is to rub the lotion in while your skin is still damp.

I do the same with my face, still damp, right out of the shower, I put on my face cream. For dry, cracked lips nothing works better for me than plain ol' Vaseline. And for my hands, Neutrogena Norweigan Hand Cream. I apply it every time I wash my hands.

I hope you find something that works for you - dry, cracked winter skin is awful.