Menu

****Feminine topic****

I am going to the Dr. on Weds., but was just wondering if any of you could shed some light on my cycles.

They have been "the incredible shrinking cycles" as of late. I usually run 24 days like clockwork. 2 months ago, I went 22, last month 20, this month 15!!!!! Seems like I am running out of something, the way this is presenting - maybe progesterone? I've had really heavy clotting this month as well - not usually. Sorry for TMI.

I am also sluggish, I am tempted to have them test my thyroid as well. Thanks in advance.

Wish I had an answer for you. I'm going through the same thing for about the past year. My cycles used to be 28 days like clockwork, then down to 24, then 22. Last month it was back up to 26 days. I have no idea why. It just was. I hope you get some good answers! :lurk5:

I'm 40 and this started happening to me last year. My cycles were around 28 days and they slowly started getting shorter. When they hit 17 days, I saw my doctor. She said it can be a part of aging and that she sees many women with this issue. She recommended B-100 supplements, Omega-3's, and a mulitvitamin with iron (to combat the anemia I had from frequent, heavy periods). I felt better, but my cycles didn't change much.

I finally went on the mini-pill (progesterone only) to regulate things because having my period every 2/3 weeks was not working for me.

I've had a terrible time with my cycles over the past year. Shorter intervals between periods over the past couple of years which culminated this past spring in a cycle with terribly heavy bleeding lasting over a month and awful clots. Had a D and C which found thick uterine lining and dr. said I have too much estrogen relative to progesterone. He prescribed progesterone and after three months things are still sorting themselves out. I do think stress plays a huge role in these problems since it depletes the adrenals which in turn reduces progesterone output.