Menu

Have you ever used a Groupon for housecleaning?

DawnM

I am thinking of doing it.   I need Spring Cleaning type work done but can't seem to get to the things like the windows and baseboards because there is so much else to clean.

I am also overwhelmed right now.   This week we had to take everything out of the room we are renovating for Dad and so my living room is full of stuff, including kitchen cabinets.    And the den has an extra sofa in it.   the baby has lost his playroom so his room is a mess as those toys ended up in his room.   

GAH!

GOOD NEWS is that DH will be making a few dump runs as the contractors fill up the trailer a few times with carpet, drywall, etc....and I plan to get rid of a few things that I have been wanting too purge for a long time.....broken table, broken Christmas tree, broken plastic boxes, etc.....

But I also just need temp help.   The kids are helping some, but it is still not where I need things to be to feel that "not overwhelmed" feeling.

I am considering getting a 6 hour houseclean from Groupon and maybe that can help me stay on track until summer when I will be home full time for a while.

Anyone ever done it through Groupon?    I am not even sure it is a good deal.   It is $170 for 6 hours.   That still comes to $28/hour.   Isn't a housecleaner around $30/hour anyway?

I did it a couple times years ago with Groupon. As far as the rate, I'm guessing it really varies a lot depending on area, so you might have to research what "full price" looks like for you. 

Also, be very specific (potentially even in writing) about what you want done. I once hired a special one-time cleaning service to prepare for hosting a family celebration, and I communicated verbally that I only wanted kitchen, living room, and bathroom cleaned. I came home after the designated number of hours to find them tidying a bedroom and kitchen only half clean.  🙄 It was very frustrating.