Menu

Online SAT Prep/Critical Thinking & Study Skills courses

Several folks have suggested using FLVS or PA Homeschoolers as a resource for online courses. If this is the course I'm looking for, what other online providers have a similar course? Which are the most accessible? Are the teaching skills of one provider better than another provider?

I haven't considered using online courses, but this son is very ready (academically and emotionally) to have someone other than mom to be accountable to, but he cannot enroll in concurrent courses until next fall because he isn't 16 yet.

I would appreciate any information you all have on any of the online course providers.

TIA

My son did the FLVS SAT class and I asked him what helped him most on his testing. He just got his ACT scores back and got a 31. :)

He told me that FLVS SAT was ok but what really helped was getting the test prep books (any bookstore has many to choose from) and doing the practice texts about 2x a week along with working in the book. The FLVS SAT tuition is really expensive for non-FL residents. We're in FL so it worked out well for us. You might also check out Chalkdust. They have a good SAT Prep course focused on the math section. My son also used that. It is a solid review.