Menu

Switching from EIW to IEW this late in the school year...

tdbates78

Hi everyone! So my 11 year old 5th grade twins are using EIW this year. Writing is the one subject I've struggled with since starting our homeschooling journey four years ago. One of my girls has higher functioning ASD and is a very, very reluctant writer. I'm thinking we may need more explicit instruction than what we are getting in EIW. Now granted we are just now getting into the actual composition component of EIW but I'm concerned with what I'm seeing. 

I'm tempted to switch to IEW. I know everyone recommends starting with TWSS, and if we were starting next school year I would absolutely take the time to watch the videos over the summer break and learn the program. But I really want them to start writing this school year. Will it be detrimental for me to start my girls (probably in SWI A) before I have a chance to watch TWSS? Can I just jump in and watch the SWI lessons with them and figure it out? 

Thanks!
Tracy