Menu

Dreaming of a warm Christmas

PinkTulip

So it’s February, right? I’m in a funk today with a blizzard raging outside, dreaming of a family vacation somewhere warm for Christmas 2021. Assuming travel is safe by then, and budget is not a huge factor, where would you go?

Ideally: somewhere within the US, Mexico, or Caribbean; right on or within 5-7 minute walk to a beach; food options of either a kitchen with grocery nearby, or good restaurant options; daytime temps 70-75 degrees or higher. 

Right now I’m looking at resorts or air B&B places in Hawaii, southern Florida, Cancun. Any gems you know of that I should be aware of? Thanks!

You might be able to get some good deals around the south end of Kona on the Big Island right on the ocean. Personally, I prefer renting a condo and then visiting resorts. You’d be close to the touristy areas and the farmer’s market but also slightly away in a more peaceful area. You could visit beaches in your area or go south to Captain Cook to snorkel or even further down to the black sand beach. Or, head up north to Hapuna and A-bay Beaches. If you want to hike, there are two ways to hike down to the north end’s black sand beaches. And, there’s the volcano, the zoo, a botanic garden and so much more. Lots to do.

Hale Kona Kai Condos on Kahakai Road in Kailua-Kona

Nearby Royal Kona Resort, where a protected salt water lagoon is.

Not sure how many rooms you need, but if you need more, just south are some places that might be bigger and are also on the ocean.

• Thanks 1