Menu

Thinking of suspending formal Latin study, need alternatives

April in WA

My oldest two boys are currently working through LCII. The plan was for us to complete lesson 15 and the review this year and finish the book next year. I am feeling like I may need to suspend our formal Latin study next year and focus on a few other areas, but I do not want to lose what we've learned thus far. What suggestions do you have? I thought maybe the Ludere II book might be something we could use once a week or so to keep voc., etc. fresher. Any ideas are appreciated.

Blessings,

April in WA

Hm...I haven't used Ludere myself, so I can't really speak to that. What I would do with certainty is simply have a little review time each week to chant the grammar forms and review the vocabulary flash cards. :)

There are some fun books out there, too, that may help keep their interest over time. One we like is Learning Latin Through Mythology.

We play this fun game where we write the vocabulary all over the white board and then we have flyswatters from the dollar store. The first person to swat the correct word after the English is called out, wins. They love doing it. Otherwise I'd just chant your normal LC recitation at lunch time and have them do the online practice on Quia once a week or so. What about doing some of the stories from Latin Book One on the Yahoo group. That would be a fun break too.