Menu

S/O: WHY is this bash-homeschooling week here on this homeschool board?

If that's the case, a post stating just that would be sufficient. That's not what Laura said, though. She ranted. She opined what she perceives as "homeschool bashing" that's been taking place here. (A gross exaggeration, imo). She in turn "bashed" (again, imo) by implying people must be stressed, insecure, or unable to persevere. To my ears, it sounds as if she's the one who's stressed and insecure. Otherwise I can't imagine why a handful of comments about what can be realities of homeschooling would make her feel so terribly "beaten down".

I'm sorry it's so disturbing to you. You wondered, in response to Pam's post, why she/some people are upset about this conversation. Likewise, I wonder why you'd find a few comments about incompetent homeschoolers to be depressing. Yes, incompetent people exist. Incompetent homeschoolers. Incompetent public schoolers. Incompetent plumbers. Incompetent farmers. Incompetent auto industry execs. People are flawed. Incompetence abounds. What's the big deal in acknowledging that? Rest assured that for every incompetent act and incompetent person there are a hundred others striving to do their best.

Constant? I disagree.

Pam's sensitive? Please reread what you wrote and consider your own (over)sensitivity. Goodness gracious, it reads as if your emotional state depends on the tenor of this board. I find that a bit...odd. Of course I appreciate it when I read uplifting posts here. Of course I appreciate encouragement. But that comes in all forms and if one style doesn't suit you, move on. Don't take it so personally.

:iagree: Well said.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic