Menu

Chinese language resources for true beginner?

DD grade 4 is taking a class but it’s clear to me she needs support outside of it. I obviously don’t have any Chinese and don’t intend to learn with her (doing that with French).

what I would need right now are some very basic, write and say this character/word, and then the ap or program corrects you...Does it exist? Any other resources you loved for early on? Many thanks!

13 hours ago, OneThoughtMayHideAnother said:

Is writing an important component of the class? I really like Skritter for writing, but it's pricey if you buy it as an individual, so unless the course requires your DD to learn to write a significant number of characters, it might not be worth the investment. 

I'd use Anki to review character reading. What textbook or materials does the course use? Does it teach traditional or simplified? There might be pre-made decks you could download that match the materials your DD's teacher is using.

Also, Little Fox Chinese is completely free if used on a desktop and is a wonderful and fun resource for students of all levels.

Thanks so much for this. They’re using Ni Hao, simplified.