Menu

Placement for Mathematical Reasoning

amyinva

My son just finished Saxon 6/5, and math is his strength. How do I determine placement for the Critical Thinking Co Mathematical Reasoning curriculum? I don't see a placement test and my googling is not coming up with anything helpful. He will probably return to private school in a year and go back to Saxon, but I think we can move him ahead a bit in the meantime, as he was not very challenged last year. I have homeschooled for a long time, so I am confident about my ability to fill in any gaps. Thank you!

No personal familiarity with that particular series by Critical Thinking Press, but this chart on their website might help you determine the level that is a good fit. Just a guess, but since Saxon 6/5 is *generally* done in grade 5 or 6, I'd guess you would be looking at level G of Mathematical Reasoning curriculum -- possibly even the "Understanding Pre-Algebra" level (that follows level G), if wanting to work ahead.

BEST of luck in determining what level would work best! Warmest regards, Lori D.