Menu

Anything like CK-12 for K-2?

MamaSprout

So... being fairly far removed from early elementary, I told a classroom teacher, "sure no problem", when she was looking for OER (open copyright) resources for elementary history. I'm teaching faculty/ library director at a small university, and am working with the education department on updating some resources.

When I went back and looked at my old links, most of them were gone.

Vintage texts are a no-go here. They are trying to get away from the big expensive spiral bound TEs, and realize most everything is going online to some extent. I do have some things I've pulled from the free list, but nothing cohesive that doesn't require hours and hours of teacher time to pull together. There are lots of fabulous things for grades 6+, but very little for classroom instruction at the younger ages for history/ social studies.

The Baltimore project and Core Knowledge are the closest things I can find. I think they would be open to a low-cost something or another, but it needs to be simple to use because it's actually for student teachers to learn how to use lesson planning resources and we want to emphasize that it's possible to get away from expensive publisher materials. Has anyone found any hidden gems?

Thanks!