Menu

Hurricane Laura Freak Out Here!

chiguirre

7 hours ago, aggie96 said:

Now hearing scuttle about how the hurricane reporting was way over-hyped and "fake". Lake Charles looks rough, but that is a hop inland from Cameron. The pictures of mass destruction keep repeating on just a handful of places leading people to believe that every were else isn't so bad (knowing these areas have a higher tolerance for damage than non-coastal communities). It doesn't help that news orgs (CNN in particular) keep showing this 1 picture/video of flooded area and calling it Crystal Beach/Bolivar. It's not. For sure. They said that Bolivar highway was under water and impassable. It's not. For sure. Grrrr. That really gets the conspiracy-folks all riled up.

I wish someone would tell them it isn't Hackelberry... I don't know how many times I have heard that one the weather channel.  Then DH asked me where "Charles Peak" was that they kept talking about and showing pictures--I couldn't imagine what he was talking about--finally I realized "Charles Peek" is the reporter, not the place he is reporting from. 

If the storm had been 10-15 miles further west the storm surge would have been much worse, coming up into the Calcasieu River.  When the radar and weather station doesn't survive the storm, you know it is bad.  

• Like 2