Menu

Any experianece with new Saxon Teacher?

I heard it wasn't much of an addition to the solution manual. :

This may depend on how one defines "much of an addition."

Maybe it is in fact not "much in addition" to the paper solution manual, but it does offer more.

Saxon Teacher has

--step-by-step with voiceover "teaching/lecture" at the beginning of each lesson day on a whiteboard format.

--step-by-step with voiceover teaching of each actual exact practice problem in the Saxon Practice for that lesson skill

----step-by-step with voiceover "teaching/explanations" working each and every problem in the assignment.

Same for tests.

The solution manual shows a static representation of the steps of the worked problem, no step-by-step within that 'step' and no explanations of why/how.

The SaxonTeacher product explains what and why the steps are such and the student sees the teacher writing each numeral, etc., with voiceover explanations of "remember, then we...because...."

I'm not sure what "else much" it could offer. :001_huh:

:seeya:

When my dc did Saxon Math the DIVE CD was not much help. I switched them to www.teachingtape.com The teacher on this is excellent and taught the exact examples from the textbook. She is very clear, concise, organized and easy to understand. You can request a sample DVD to see if you child likes the style.

Sorry I don't know anything about Saxon Teacher.